Wendy's Reviews > The Miracle at Speedy Motors

The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith

Dec 31, 08

"Mrs. Moffat had taken her hand for comfort, and they had sat there in silence for awhile. Sometimes it seemed as if the world itself was broken, that there was something wrong with all of us, something broken in such a way that it might not be put together again; but the holding of hands, human hand in human hand, could help, could make the world seem less broken."

This was my most favorite book of the series, and I sincerely hope it won't be the last one.

I really enjoyed the development of the main characters, but most especially loved that there were more interactions with Mma Ramotswe and her foster children. I was moved to tears when Mma Ramotswe took a drive with Puso and later when she sold some cattle for Motholeli. I guess it's the mother in me that fell in love even more with Mma Ramotswe in this book, as she seems (at last) to embrace being a mother herself.

And thank heavens that Mma Makutsi's new glasses went the way of Mma Ramotswe's diet! I can't bear any changes of appearance in either of them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Miracle at Speedy Motors.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Abby well said! i'm in mma ramotswe withdrawals.

Andrea I want Mma Ramotswe to move in next door to me! I think she could straighten out all of my problems:). I agree; this is a great series.