Rachel's Reviews > The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set by L.M. Montgomery

Sep 18, 12

I love this series. I have read them over and over again, and particularly liked to take them with me when traveling. Even if I forgot a book, these were some I could always find on the bookshelves of relatives. The story of orphaned Anne Shirley and the people in her world never fails to enchant and relax me. I frequently turned to these books for comfort after moving during the last part of my 7th grade year to a junior high full of unfriendly people. Thanks to L.M. Montgomery, I never felt as lonely as I might have and I will always be indebted to her for that. The final two books I did find to be a bit of a struggle as there is less of Anne and more of her children, but I particularly fell in love with Rilla of Ingleside after finding and reading an antique copy that had some lovely old illustrations. Great series! I even have a guy friend who read these and loved them as well. Books for everyone, and after reading you will feel good; good about life, good about yourself, and good about mankind in general. That's pretty rare in a book these days.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set.