Kristen (Peddler of Smut)'s Reviews > Simply Voracious

Simply Voracious by Kate Pearce

2 1/2 to 3 stars

Well dang! I had such high hopes for this book. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I loved Paul, the hero, in the last few books; he was such a magnetic and compelling character. I couldn't wait to read his story. You can imagine my surprise and disappointment when I discovered that in his own book, Simply Voracious, Paul became dull, broody, and, sadly, somewhat one-dimensional. To make matters worse, I never truly felt the chemistry between the three main characters. The plot felt rather listless, and, at times, even dragged. There were fewer explicit sex scenes taking place during this book–which I appreciated–but the few there were felt somewhat bland and passionless. Shocking for this series!

That said, Ms. Pearce is one very talented erotic author who has managed to entice me–a reader who felt completely out of her comfort zone while reading these books–into devouring every single book in this series. If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is.

Over all, Simply Voracious was a let down for me, but I still look forward to the last book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Voracious.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny E (new)

Jenny E Oh I hate when that happens - you like a character until they finally get their own book and then you don't so much!

On another note, do you recommend reading these books in order?

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Yes, I would. All previous character are mentioned in each of the books. This series is WAY out of my comfort zone but I'm intrigued by them. They won't work for everyone, that's for sure.

message 3: by Jenny E (new)

Jenny E yeah, you keep mentioning that and it's sort of intrigued me!! I like to read dirty things occasionally :P

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) LOL. I hear ya. I felt the same way and they worked for me. When I first started reading them, I was shocked (I had just started reading erotica tho) but wanted more. Lol. At this point, I think I've became desensitized. Lol

message 5: by Taryn at My Secret Romance (last edited Sep 25, 2012 12:55PM) (new)

Taryn at My Secret Romance There's always that one book that isn't up to par with the rest. Hey, they're allowed to make on mistake, right? lol Nice review! Even though this series isn't for me, I'm glad you like it.

message 6: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Sep 25, 2012 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) So true! What makes me shake my head and laugh about the whole series and me is these books are not for me either! It's one of those fluky phenomenons, you know? I'm pretty sure if someone suggested books similar to these, I probably wouldn't like them.

message 7: by Taryn at My Secret Romance (last edited Sep 25, 2012 01:22PM) (new)

Taryn at My Secret Romance Kristen wrote: "So true! What makes me shake my head and laugh about the whole series and me is these books are not for me either! It's one of those fluky phenomenons, you know? I'm pretty sure if someone suggeste..."

I'm actually very surprised you're reading them! I've been following you throughout this series and I'm shocked each time I see you reading a new one. Hey, sometimes it happens.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I know, right? I've been just as surprised as you. Lol. It would be like me reading Avoiding Commitment and loving it. Seriously, that's what would equate it to. Lol.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Kristen wrote: "I know, right? I've been just as surprised as you. Lol. It would be like me reading Avoiding Commitment and loving it. Seriously, that's what would equate it to. Lol."

LMAO! That is true!

Ok so if you get a notification that someone flagged your comment it was me. I'm trying to respond through iPhone and I accidentally hit the flag button. Sorry!

message 10: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Sep 25, 2012 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) No worries. I'm getting use to my stuff being flagged. Bwhahaha.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Kristen wrote: "No worries. I'm getting use to my stuff being flagged. Bwhahaha."

HA! True story.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I accidentally hit flag all the time. It's placed poorly. Thankfully, it doesn't go through unless you actually select something to report.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Stacia ~ mistress of mediocrity wrote: "I accidentally hit flag all the time. It's placed poorly. Thankfully, it doesn't go through unless you actually select something to report."

I've done it a time or two myself. Lol.

message 14: by Jill (new)

Jill Great review, Kristen! I guess there's always going to be one or two in a series that are going to be a letdown though.

message 15: by Karla (new)

Karla Nicely said Kristen. For the most part this has been a good series for you, but I knew how much you were looking forward to this book and the H in it. Let's hope the next one is better!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Jill wrote: "Great review, Kristen! I guess there's always going to be one or two in a series that are going to be a letdown though."

Very true, Jill. It happens in every series. Thanks hun.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Karla wrote: "Nicely said Kristen. For the most part this has been a good series for you, but I knew how much you were looking forward to this book and the H in it. Let's hope the next one is better!"

Thanks Karla. Yes, I was really looking forward to Paul's book. Oh well. It happens.

KindleRomance Reviews Nice review! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Such a bummer!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thanks Kris. Not all books in a series can be 4 or 5 star books.

KindleRomance Reviews But why not? LOL! Thanks for saving the rest of us!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I know you plan to read this series, Kris, so it's still a good idea to read this book. You'll want to the story for the next book.

KindleRomance Reviews Maybe. If the plot isn't moving along a major arc, then I'd rather not waste time on something that you didn't enjoy.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) True. These books aren't like a series that builds upon itself.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Kristen! Well, this sucks and I hope the next one will be another winner. :)

Taryn at My Secret Romance Stacia ~ mistress of mediocrity wrote: "I accidentally hit flag all the time. It's placed poorly. Thankfully, it doesn't go through unless you actually select something to report."

Oh, I didn't see anything to select...I just hit it by mistake when trying to hit reply though my phone and freaked! Thanks.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thanks Baba. You're right it did suck for me because I was really looking forward to Paul's book. Oh well, I'm sure the last book will be better.

message 27: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Kristen, Sorry it was a bummer read, but I say your a trooper by carrying on and reading more of this series ;D

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thanks Rane. That's a great way of putting it. Lol. I do feel like a trooper reading these books.