Arthur's Reviews > The Birth of Venus

The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant

Dec 31, 08

Read in December, 2008

A lot of books are out there on the must read me because I will illumine everyone who reads me market. But this book will be worth the moments you can put into reading this, why, simply because it has all the elements of a good family life during a time of struggle that really show what that is and makes it interesting to see the events which will slowly unravel towards this story’s final and disclosing ending. It will be a little sudden and laugh you will after learning so much about the lives in affect in by the story.

~“Dunant masterfully blends fact and fiction, seamlessly interweaving Florentine history with the coming-of-age story of a spirited 14-year-old girl. As Florence struggles in Savonarola's grip, a serial killer stalks the streets, the French invaders creep closer, and young Alessandra Cecchi must surrender her ‘childish’ dreams and navigate her way into womanhood. Readers are quickly seduced by the simplicity of her unconventional passions that are more artistic than domestic.”
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Birth of Venus.