Ithlilian's Reviews > Digital Fortress

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

Sep 14, 2012

bookshelves: mystery
Read in September, 2012

Before I started reading hundreds of books a year I used to read mysteries. I would browse the library shelves and pick up whatever generic mystery seemed interesting. In the bookstore I stumbled across Angels and Demons and loved it, the DaVinci code was also good, but for some reason I never tried to read this. Me, the math major, somehow overlooked this. So on a recommendation I tried it, and it drew me in from the start.

I loved learning about decryption and hung on every word in the beginning. I enjoyed the backstory of the main characters and enjoyed their interaction with each other. So all in all, a great set up. You want suspense? This book has it. In spades. Every chapter should end with "duh duh duh" because each chapter leaves you guessing and wanting more. I absolutely couldn't put this down. There are twists and turns, and one surprise after another. I actually thought at around page 300 that it would start to get stale, the action was wearing a bit thin, and I thought I knew what was going to happen. Wrong. So wrong, and a book that can turn around predictability and slap you in the face with new information is worth five stars to me. I am trying Deception Point next, and can't wait. I actually can't think of an action/suspense/mystery that is more up my alley than this book. It's been a long time since I've hung on every word in a book and was unable to put it down. It's a nice feeling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Digital Fortress.

Metalligazza IF YOU LIKED THIS ONE THEN IT IS SAFE TO SAY YOU WILL ENJOY DECEPTION POINT THE ACTION IS A LITTLE MORE MILITARY AND IT TOO HAS A BIG FACE SLAP TOWARDS THE END .
I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYBODY SLAGS OFF DAN BROWN I THINK HE SPINS A VERY GOOD YARN INTERLACED WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF TECH INFO YOU SHOULD ALSO READ THE LOST SYMBOL AS WELL.