Robert Chapman's Reviews > How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

How Successful People Think by John C. Maxwell

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: personal-development
Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy

This is the first book I have read from author John C. Maxwell. I found him to be an excellent author with a style which made the book easy to read and soak up the information. Often the word “successful” in the title can lead potential readers to consider the book a quick fix gimmick, but that is not the case with this book. I found the content offered me thought provoking value from start to finish.

In such a busy world it is sometimes hard to pull ourselves out of the tyranny of the now and focus on more strategic thinking. The book offers several sound strategies on how to plan for dedicated time for such critical thinking.

I really enjoyed the guidance around shared thinking and how to structure it to ensure that maximum value is produced and that we bring the best of ourselves and others out in the process.

Another type of thinking that I think is so strategically important in today’s world is that of worst case scenario thinking. We should always be thinking of what could go wrong, even in the most crazy of circumstances, and define a plan of action in case it becomes reality.

Those are just a few brief examples of the types of thinking discussed in the book. There are many more which are equally as valuable which you’ll discover while reading the book.

I’ve already added more of the author’s books to my reading pile and I am looking forward to cracking them open.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Successful People Think.