Emma's Reviews > Why We Broke Up

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: cover-to-die-for, favorites, own-the-book, young-adult
Recommended for: Teenagers
Read on September 14, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I bought and finished this book today, I just fell in love with it. It is a teen read and a great premise and I love great premises and I am a teen. It is angst ridden and full of love and over dramatic reactions to certain things but it is believable. At least at that age with your first love. Everything is a fairytale, you feel like you are taking part in a movie even though you keep telling yourself it can't be true.

I didn't have a problem with the writing style. Yes, there were run on sentences but your mind adapts. Min can be annoying but I connected with her and at the end when she has a stark moment of realisation you can't help but fear for her. I wanted to find out why they broke up, I wanted to know the whole story and I wanted to know what objects she had kept next. It was a gorgeous story and I recommend it.

Plus even if you don't want to read it or it isn't your cup of tea when you are reading it, please take a moment to admire the amazing drawings. The cover is just the tip of the iceberg and I wouldn't have picked this up without it. It really stood out on the bookshelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why We Broke Up.