Antof9's Reviews > Little Bitty Lies

Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews

Dec 31, 08

bookshelves: 2006-read, chicklit, mysterious, junk-food
Read in February, 2006

What an odd book! First, I thought it was going to be chick lit, but it wasn't. It more like Chick Limystery. Or something :)

It was very light and fluffy, and some of the characters (Katherine, especially) were over the top. I did like Mary Bliss, though, and her adventures in taking care of herself were both upsetting and entertaining.

I found it odd that some things were very "Southern" (capital S), and other things seemed to miss the boat. For example, the first time Erin used a swear word in front of her mother, I expected Mary Bliss to say something like "we don't use that kind of language, young lady." Didn't happen. Of course there were lots of sweet tea references, and casseroles (odd, I thought that more midwest, but the descriptions certainly fit).

I really thought the whole chicken salad thing was going to go somewhere else. In thinking back on it, I think the author did, too, and am not sure why she didn't follow through with it. Oh well :) (I'm copying the recipe before I send this off)

Erin sure did play the only child role well, and I kind of felt sorry for the family across the street. Of course, the Matt character was fun, in a suspicious kind of way, as to be expected.

This was an enjoyable, lite read, and once I got to about the halfway mark, I didn't want to put it down!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Bitty Lies.