Kristy's Reviews > Taming the Tycoon

Taming the Tycoon by Amy Andrews

2079018
Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: 2012, app-kindle, dolla-make-me-holla, ebook, hott-spots, loved-it, short-stories, yay-quotes
Read from September 13 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy

This was such a heartwarming, feel-good story! I'm so glad I read it. Addie is desperately trying to save a garden. A garden that gave her hope during the dark time she spent in the hospital battling leukemia. Nathaniel has set goals for his life and he is about to achieve them with the next business adventure that involves bulldozing a garden that a bunch of peace and love hippies are desperately trying to protect. But one of those hippies caught is eye right away and though she was not his type in the least, after spending time with Addie, he couldn't seem to get enough of her. Which made him question everything about how he had been living his life up until that point.

Addie and Nathaniel are such a cute couple. They are so different from each other, and yet they can't seem to help but be attracted to each other. I really enjoyed Addie. She was such an easy character to fall in love with. She had a very simple outlook on life and she just strived to be happy. It was neat watching Nate change and grow to love Addie.

This was just such an enjoyable book. I'm so happy I found it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAVORITE QUOTES

"I'm not sure we'll have enough fairy lights," Delphine fretted.

"How many have you got?" Nathaniel asked.

"Heavens, I don't know. Thirty-two strings of twelve point eight meters each-"

"Four hundred and nine point six meters." Addie interrupted. "There's usually five lights per meter, which will give you two thousand and foty-eight lights. Oodles, I'd say."

Silence descended upon the table as three sets of eyes blinked at her.

"Oh yeah," Nathaniel murmured, forgetting for a moment that he was going to spend all day stringing almost half a kilometer of lights. "She does that."

~Delphine, Nate and Addie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming the Tycoon.