Eva Leger's Reviews > Yes...My Retarded Ass Signed Up

Yes...My Retarded Ass Signed Up by Michael Mayhem

Jan 29, 09

bookshelves: wtf, couldn-t-finish-yuck
Recommended to Eva by: Mr. Micheal Mayhem (no one else would have)
Recommended for: a fireplace
Read in January, 2009, read count: didn't finish

All I can say is that I tried. I tried HARD. If you like acronyms then this might be something you'd want to read. Mr. Mayhem is quite adept at those. Um, besides that I can't really say too much else. This is a IN DEPTH, and I DO MEAN IN DEPTH, look at Army life. The only problem is the book doesn't have the interesting details that I might like to know. I don't really care all that much about the wait for the cattle truck being two hours. (This is H.U.A.W. by the way- Hurry Up And Wait) I'm not real sure that I care about the Army giving him a food voucher for a decent restuarant.
In between the boring Army details there are some tidbits about his life. I feel *bad* saying this but they weren't any more interesting to me. At all.
Don't walk...RUN. (That's D.W.R. for all you retards out there.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yes...My Retarded Ass Signed Up.

01/03/2009 page 1
0.51% "Starting tomorrow...."
01/04/2009 page 30
15.31% "not real sure what to say yet....."
01/10/2009 page 30
15.31% "I'm not sure why I'm putting myself through this yet but maybe I'll figure it out in the end"

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie you did good on this review, I know it was hard. this is the reason I won't allow a goodreads author to be friends with me. I read my own kind of stuff and don't want a self published book pushed off on me. Sorry Michael.

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger I just now saw this comment Jeannie! After what? Two+ years? lol
Not having GR authors as friends isn't a bad idea at all. Now that it's floating around in my head I may have to adopt it.
It's hard enough that some of them will read your review and then harass and stalk you.
My God, now that I'm thinking about it, I've seen almost 10 different authors come at someone like that. That's a lot IMO. Some were not my reviews of course and one was a fairly well known author. (Not like Lester and Levene.)
I think I may delete some and send them a message saying why. It sucks though because I met Dwayne Joseph through here (I'd never delete him.) and we really got to be friends. Claire Avery too. I wouldn't delete her ever. Maybe I can just be more picky about who I accept.
I net this guy on MySpace and I did feel awful leaving this review because he sent me this free, signed book and he was extremely friendly. But I can't lie and I felt the book was awful. ;-(

message 1: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie LMAO!! this happens to me all the time too~it's like we have to stalk every place we left a comment to see if anyone else commented on it~ sometimes the notifictions just dont work...obviously! haha