Nic 's Reviews > Taking Chances

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Sep 13, 12

bookshelves: favorites, arc
Read in September, 2012

Have you ever read a novel so powerful, you felt obsessed with it, consumed by it? That it haunted your thoughts? One that felt so real, you felt as though you were a part of the story, feeling every emotion as intensely as the characters did? I have read some amazing novels recently. And I mean amazing! But for me, the debut novel Taking Chances by Molly McAdams is a story I will never forget. Taking Chances was recommended by one of our followers and I truly can’t thank her enough for bringing this fabulous gem to my attention.

The story is about Harper. A young woman headed away to college, out on her own for the first time in her life, having lead a somewhat sheltered life. Harper didn’t have your typical childhood, never dated and never experienced falling in love. As luck would have it she finds love. True love. The only problem is that she falls in love with two men. We follow Harper through her journey, who will she take a chance on, risk everything for. Will she make the right choice and how will that choice affect the rest of her life?

I sat up reading until 3am, I just couldn’t put this book down. I laughed and loved with the characters. I also experienced their pain and heartache at love lost. All of the characters in this story are strong and solid. They are all an important part of the story and Harper’s journey. The plot had twists that came out of nowhere and took my breath away. By the time I was finished this novel I was completely consumed by it.

If you are looking to read an absolutely fabulous novel, then this is the your next read. I am pretty sure we will be hearing a lot about Molly McAdams and Taking Chances. N. 5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Chances.