Lani's Reviews > Dr. Sketchy's Official Rainy Day Colouring Book

Dr. Sketchy's Official Rainy Day Colouring Book by Molly Crabapple

Sep 19, 12

liked it
bookshelves: comicsandgraphics, own
Recommended for: Dr S fans, anyone looking to start their own Dr S event!
Read in September, 2012

Bought this as a way to support CBLDF at SPX a few years ago, well before I'd actually made it to a Dr Sketchy's. On that first flip-through I just enjoyed a light-hearted 'adult activity book' with some poorly lit photos of burlesque performers.

I'm not an artist, but I've really enjoyed the Dr S sessions I've gone to, and when I moved I had considered starting up my own branch. (It turns out that just this week a DC Dr S is re-born, so I won't have to go to the trouble!) Now being more familiar with at least my own branch of Dr S, I flipped through the book a second time and found it much more interesting.

The book does still contain some silliness like paper dolls and activities, but it also includes a history of the event, interviews, photos, and a 'how-to' for starting your own branch. As a resource, it's pretty helpful, but as anything else I'm not sure why you would pick it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dr. Sketchy's Official Rainy Day Colouring Book.