Taylor 's Reviews > The Gravedigger's Brawl

The Gravedigger's Brawl by Abigail Roux

Oct 25, 12

bookshelves: m-m, made-me-lawl, ooh-nice-cover
Read from October 24 to 25, 2012

If anyone can pull me out of my morose self loathing I-don't-know-what-to-read pity party, it's Abigail Roux. I needed an upbeat, easy and fun read, and that's what I got. Admittedly, I came into this with low expectations, but I ended up pleasantly surprised.

Ash was a different character from what I usually come across and I loved him. Suspenders and eyeliner? Yes, please! Then, you combine him with a cute intellectual? Sold. I only wish there were more scenes between the two of them. Right when things were about to get hot, some ghost would interrupt them (and me) and I found myself feeling like I just got gypped. The couple of scenes they did share though, I thoroughly enjoyed ;)

I thought it was really cool that she included actual historical events (like the LaLauries) and managed to tie them in with her own story. And, thanks to Abi, I also now know the difference between steampunk, gaslight, and "original" goth. Maybe I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about the next time I'm at a tattoo shop or some trendy bar.

Overall, this was a good time, I just recommend going into it for fun and not for a real scare.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gravedigger's Brawl.

10/24/2012
50.0% "I just found myself skipping out of my office after reading a chapter of this. Actually skipping, and I don't do that kind of shit." 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shelley OK, so I think I really need to get this book!

Taylor It's been a fun little Halloween story, and Abi Roux always makes me feel better. She's comforting without being annoying.

deirdre Fun...thatis exactly how i described it! Glad you are enjoying it

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley LOL! Of course you don't, I mean just look at that profile pic. Definately not a skipper.

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Great review Taylor.... Think I need to purchase this one!

Taylor Thanks! I was just reading your review for Mind Fuck and love your Rocky gif! I think we need to switch books now.

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Haha.... Mind Fuck is an excellent book:)

message 8: by Ilhem (last edited Oct 26, 2012 03:44AM) (new)

Ilhem Hurt by Varian Krylovis also mindblowing. It's the best m/m/f I have ever read!
Warning : it's a tough reading.

Blacky *Romance Addict* YAY glad it was good! Love your review and can't wait to read this myself :)

Susan Great review, Taylor! Glad you liked it!

Taylor Thanks guys! :)

Taylor Ilhem wrote: "Hurt by Varian Krylovis also mindblowing. It's the best m/m/f I have ever read!
Warning : it's a tough reading."

Ooooh, that sounds good! Thanks for the rec!