Weronika's Reviews > The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz

Nov 07, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from September 13 to 14, 2012

Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the Four Agreements offer us a powerful way to transform our lives for the better. A way to achieve personal freedom.

Be Impeccable With Your Word
Don't Take Anything Personally
Don't Make Assumptions
Always Do Your Best

The Toltec were knows as men and women of knowledge, their knowledge has been embodied and passed through the generations. It is not a religion, it is a way of life. As children everything is taught to us, we don't choose where we live, what things to eat, which God to believe in. Those are agreements we made, because we we trained to, yes I said trained. People train their children just like you would a cat or dog. As a little kid you would get rewarded for good behavior or punished for bad. That's how we learned to agree with what was taught us. But how do we know that that is the way to live, maybe it's the right way for others, but what about yourself, when will it be your turn to make your own decision that isn't influenced by anyone or anything else.

In this book you will learn how to transform your life into your own heaven, your own spiritual happiness.
Yes it's common sense that everyone should know, but so is what they teach you in any Religion, yet people still go to church.

This book is more spiritual than religious, (so if you are a die-hard believer you might not agree with the last chapter), it gives some great insight into a different way of living, a way that seems to be more fulfilling and joyful. For me this book is perfect, I couldn't agree with it more, and will be recommending it to others.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Four Agreements.

09/13/2012 page 77