Maggie61's Reviews > Come Home

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline

Sep 13, 2012

bookshelves: read-2012-maggies-100-for-2012
Read in September, 2012

I would give this one a 4 1/2. I have to admit I am loving the new direction that Lisa Scottoline has taken her novels to. I have read a lot of her books and while I loved the books before, the last couple have woven the mystery with more of an emotional touch.
Jills exhusband passed away and his daughter Abby is convinced its murder. Jill was a mother to Abby and her sister Victoria but with Williams manipulation, she and her daughter Megan became estranged from Abby and Victoria. When Abby reaches out to Jill, she is swept up in The mystery of what really happened to William. She is thrilled to be back in the lives of her ex step daughters but hits a brick wall with Victoria who isn't happy to be anywhere near her. She is a busy pediatrician facing pressures at work. The police won't listen or take anything seriously and she is having a constant battle with her fiancée Sam who wants no part of Abby and Victoria. Many times I wanted to smack Sam who was being so obnoxious and when he seems to have a sudden change of heart towards the end of the book I didn't really buy it. It's a very emotional book dealing with the question of what are you supposed to do when your step family is no longer your family. There are no blood ties but the emotional bond doesn't disappear because a marriage ended. A mother can be a mother with all the maternal feelings even if there is no blood tie, the feelings just can't be turned off.
Great book. I always look forward to this authors new releases.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Home.