Eric's Reviews > Vixen 03

Vixen 03 by Clive Cussler

Dec 31, 08

bookshelves: fiction, thriller, books-from-library
Read in January, 2001

Vixen 03 lives up to Clive Cussler’s estimable reputation. It’s intriguing and fast-paced, with wonderful political subterfuge and treachery.
Dirk Pitt makes a surprise discovery in a Colorado lake – a World War II era airplane, complete with skeletons and several gray canisters. These canisters contain a deadly bacteria developed during World War II, for which there is no known cure. A tiny droplet of this stuff would wipe out Manhattan and make it uninhabitable for three hundred years.

Unfortunately, some other folks have gotten to this plane before Pitt, and some of these canisters have ended up with a rogue terrorist government. Their target for this gas? Washington, DC. And only Pitt can stop them!

The plot’s a bit far-fetched, but the novel is so fun to read, you don’t really notice.

This is my second Cussler book. The first, Raise the Titanic, wasn’t very good, I thought. But a friend told me that Cussler’s books get better, so I finally broke down and tried another. Luckily, my friend was right.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vixen 03.