Marty's Reviews > The Battle for Wine and Love: or How I Saved the World from Parkerization

The Battle for Wine and Love by Alice Feiring

219296
Dec 31, 08

Read in June, 2008

I love Feiring--her attitude, her blog, her taste, and her drive. Feiring and I agree on about 99% of things. (Except the fact that pork is heavenly.) Not everyone does, though, and I understand it, but I find that people who love wine as an honestly delicious product without pretension will enjoy her book and her passion. This book is not just a vinous journey or information, not is it a perfectly woven story of wine and love. It reminds me more of a slightly more focused Robert Altman film. We need more voices like Feiring--proponent of honest wine making. Many people think that writers like her favor wine that tastes like dirt and sticks, but that is far from the truth. She should be spoke with in the same vein we discuss people like Alice Waters, and those who are proponents of the family farm, sustainable agriculture, and home-cooked food. Bravo, Alice.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle for Wine and Love.