Deb's Reviews > Love Anthony

Love Anthony by Lisa Genova

Mar 15, 13

Well, after waiting over a year for my beloved author Lisa Genova to write another book equal to Still Alice and Left neglected, I have to say I am severely disappointed. This book did not have what ever it was those books had. I felt for the two mothers/wives who were the main characters. There just wasn't enough character development. I didn't feel I knew them. After not writing for years, Beth sits down and this novel just comes to her. Yes, it's supposed to be magical but it didn't feel like that. The mother of Anthony was grieving but I never felt her grief. The only person I did feel for was Anthony but that wasn't till close to the end. From the synopsis I thought I was going to read a novel about two women who were grieving and they deeply connected with each other. I never felt a connection between them at all. In fact the story of Beth was never even drawn to a conclusion and Olivia didn't have much of one.
I apologize for my lack of a good review but I am reeling from confusion and disappointment over a book I so looked forward to reading. I am just sad and unfulfilled.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Anthony.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (new) - rated it 3 stars

Deb I wanted to add an I'm Sorry to Lisa Genova. I really wanted to love this book. :(

Rebecca I agree! I was left unfulfilled for the same reasons, unfortunately. Thanks for your review.