Cara's Reviews > Kept

Kept by Shawntelle Madison

Sep 13, 2012

Read from October 07 to 10, 2012

Summary: Our favorite OCD werewolf, Natalya is back. She is training hard to compete to get back into the pack. In her pack, in order to join the pack the person has to win a competition of endurance, skill, and strength. Her brother was supposed to train her, but he is mysteriously busy. So Thorn agrees to train her in his place. If you read the first book already, you should know how awkward that would be. Thorn is her ex boyfriend, who has moved back into town not too long ago. He is know engaged to another werewolf in the pack. His father forced the engagement. So does her brother have ulterior motives? Maybe.

During this time her father goes missing. So this halts her training as the family begins to search for him. During his younger days he used to work for the mafia in order to keep the family afloat. Now he has a moon debt to pay. Her father becomes incapacitated. So she has to repay the debt in his stead. So she ventures out on to the road with only a dirty garbage truck to deliver something in the back. She has no idea what the back contains, but there are some people or creatures that want it back really badly. She has to use the help of Nick and her friends from the support group in order to survive this adventure.

Here is a link to my Coveted Review

Review: I liked Natalya in the last book; I loved her in this book. She is more assertive, and she even stands up to Thorn. She has more fight in this novel. I love that she is growing more into herself. She is becoming pretty kick-ass. I can't wait for more novels in this series to see how she continues to grow.

I think Nick basically cements himself even more as my favorite guy in this series. I can't help it. He is always there when she needs him, and he is so sweet.

Thorn reveals more about what happened to him while he always, and we get to learn why he came back. It brings a lot more understanding to this situation. He is still not my favorite though.

Overall, the story was in constant motion. It had a decent amount of action. It had less world building, because most of the world was built in the first novel. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel. I could not put it down once I started it.

FTC: This book was provided to me by Netgalley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept.

10/07/2012 page 31
10/08/2012 page 77
22.0% "That wrewolf code makes me so mad."
10/09/2012 page 211
62.0% "I stayed up way too late reading thus, I couldnt convince myself to put it down"