Mary's Reviews > A Voice in the Wind

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

Jan 04, 2014

I was a little surprised to read that so many reviewers were put off by Hadassah's "perfection" when in fact, I saw her struggle with fear throughout the near entirety of the book to be a main theme. Her fear flared up in different ways throughout, but most notably and consistently in her ability to verbalize her faith - in full. To share the Good News. As the book progresses, she becomes more bold - she becomes more sanctified, more holy - but that's not to say she was perfect.
I think our standards - and perhaps even our faith in God's ability - are rather low if we think Ms. Rivers painted a "perfect" protagonist. Perfection does not struggle with fear, the approval of men, and lust. She wasn't perfect, but she was a character worthy of emulating - from her consistent prayer to her practiced reliance on God ... even a fictional role model is much more than what we're so often presented with in modern times.
I thought this was a wonderfully woven story with a believably righteous main character - because truly, with God, all things are possible. Including a life lived like the one presented here.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Voice in the Wind.

02/21 marked as: read

Hadassah I agree with you Mary. Every time I opened this book, I was inspired to be closer to GOD because of Hadassah. She is a true heroine, not perfect, but definitely the kind of Christ like characteristics I strive for.