Emma's Reviews > Queen of the Darkness

Queen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop

Sep 13, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in September, 2012

Honestly the last of the black jewels trilogy was the BEST ONE. It had Jaenelle asserting and coming to terms with her powers, both Lucivar and Daemon together (YES!), and some witty dialogues that made me chuckle. The sexual tension was there but it remained pleasant and not as vulgar and disgusting as the rapes and abuses in the first novel (i was shocked, really). We finally got to enjoy the whole SaDiablo family reunited and continued to DETEST those two bitches (sincerely) who just can't let their illusions of power go. Talk about manipulative bitches.
I read this novel thinking that there was a 4 and 5 coming up so I really did not expect the novel to end the way it did. And I was extremely disappointed to learn that the 4 and 5 do not follow the trilogy. It makes me feel betrayed. But as I realized that there was no more Jaenelle story I also came to the conclusion that the end of the novel was actually satisfying. Everyone goes off to live on their own (which is how normal people grow up) with their own families and Daemon and Jaenelle get to stay together~
The only problem I had with this ending is that Jaenelle supposedly gets the "Twilight Dawn" jewel. Problem is: what is that? is that a stronger jewel then what she had before??
Anyways, I am sad that I will not be waking up or falling asleep to The Black Jewels anymore. Must find a new series to fall in love with!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of the Darkness.