Ismael Galvan's Reviews > Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman

Sep 13, 12

Views and rants from a hipster, pop-culture whore. I usually don't bother rating books I don't like because it's sort of a waste of time but I got stuck with this book all day today and if I don't write a review I'll hate myself.

First off, it wasn't a book for me which doesn't mean it wasn't good. There were some parts that made me laugh and several societal reflections that made me think. But the more I read, the more I wanted to punch the guy in his face. Hipster suck, Ok. If pop-culture had a *ick, this dude would drop to his knees. I can't stand MTV's The Real World, so why the hell would I want to read about it? I read books to escape the brain-drain garbage on TV.

If you enjoy hearing smug college boy insight then you'll love it. For some real insight on how mainstream entertainment has raped our souls, check out "Empire of Illusion" by Chris Hedges. Also the guy's author picture looks just like "Hipster Hitler." Google it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs.