Kitty's Reviews > Haunted

Haunted by Kelley Armstrong

Dec 30, 08

bookshelves: paranormal
Read in December, 2008

This wasn't a bad book. It was fairly action-packed, and I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters. However, it was definitely my least favorite of the series so far - but I love this series, so I'm trying to read them all in order. As with all the books in this series, it includes many characters we've already met, but focuses on one particular "woman of the Otherworld" - in this case, Eve Levine. I think there were three things that made this book less enjoyable for me:

(1) Eve Levine is dead. It's been a while since I started this series, but I think she was dead even before the series started. I'm not quite sure why, but I found it harder to "care" about a ghost.

(2) Eve Levine isn't a very nice person. This really isn't a spoiler - we've heard a bit about her before this book, and most of it wasn't very good. She's fine as a bit player, but I like a book better when I can sympathize with the lead character.

(3) This one had more of what I call "real life" violence in it. This is totally my own personal strange thing, but for some reason I can handle bloody vampire and werewolf stories, but I freak out over serial killer books. And this had a nice collection of serial killers in it.

If those three things don't bother you, and you've liked the others in the series, then you might enjoy this one just fine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted.