JoAnn's Reviews > A Part to Play

A Part to Play by Jennifer L. Fry

Jul 13, 2014

bookshelves: 2012
Read from September 22 to 25, 2012

First off, let me thank Jennifer for asking me to review this book. It's my first, and I'm honored to have been asked.

I found Lucy's character very likeable, and I really felt her pain of losing her sister and the emotional loss of her parents - all while dealing with a new school away from home and making new friends/enemies.

As a YA book, I think it has a valuable lesson in teaching young people that it's OK to feel loss, working hard for what you want, and valuing your self worth. Also, not every relationship is a happily everafter. I was saddened by this fact, but accepted the outcome.

I wish Chris would have been more forthcoming into what he was dealing with personally. It would have given more understanding into why he acted the way he did.

That said, the only trouble I had in the book was the descriptions of the underground tunnels and passageways. I really tried to envision where she was at and after awhile, I gave up and just went with the fact she was in a complicated maze and skimmed over the tunnel descriptions.

All in all - a great read that I enjoyed very much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Part to Play.

09/25/2012 "69% of the way through. Chris = Sweetness or Trouble? Need to find out..."