Jessica Berry's Reviews > Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.

F_50x66
Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: picture-books
Read in September, 2012

The letters of the alphabet try to climb up the coconut tree, but they fear there is not enough room for the whole alphabet. The coconut tree ends up falling over after all of the letters climb on. Then the “parents” (uppercase) letters, go to get their little ones (lowercase letters). After all the letters get untangled, they leave the coconut tree. Later that night, “a” climbs back up the tree. I think this is a good book for preschool or kindergarten aged children when trying to teach them the alphabet. It is telling a story, while at the same time, saying the alphabet. The illustrations were very colorful and bright. As the story progressed, the coconut tree would bend more and more on each page, until all of the letters fell off. I liked how little details were added, like the tree bending progressively. This book is a fun way for children to learn their alphabet and the story and repetition might help them to learn better than just trying to memorize the abc’s. I gave this book 4 stars because I think it is put together well, the illustrations are bright and will keep the children’s attention, and it is a fun way to teach the abc’s.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.