Lt Thompson's Reviews > The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: picture-books, caldecott-winner-2013

This has become one of my favorite picture books to date. At the end of the book, I had tears in my eyes And my heart was full of joy and warmth. This is the story of a boy named Morris, who loved books, stories and words. However when a storm comes and scatters his story, he is lost and confused. Until a girl who is floating by books takes him to "an extraordinary building where books are nested." In this building he rediscovers himself through his pals in the books! The illustrations are beautiful and ornate. The book turns to gray during the storm, and Morris doesn't return to color until he rediscovers who he is. The books put color back into his life. The pictures create the emotion behind the book, and I felt like I was there because of the drawings! This would be great for 5-8 year olds. I highly recommend this book to be the Caldecott winner and have absolutely fallen in love with it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.