Timothy Lewis's Reviews > The Map of Time

The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma

Sep 13, 12

Tim: I just finished this book and I have to say it has one of the biggest jaw dropping reveals that I've seen or read. This is what M. Night Shyamalan could only wish he could do with every story he tells. Map of Time by Felix J. Palma has me wanting to read it all over again, just so I can find the clues that were there for the taking. There are three stories, told by a third party narrator, that interweave in and out of each other like a well choreographed tango. Each player knows the part they are to play and each one realizes that they can change fate because they read about it. H.G Wells has written a book about the possibility of time travel and Gilliam Murray has set up shop in London claiming he can do it. H.G. Wells is pressed into becoming a reluctant hero in all three stories as he meets fictional (Gilliam Murray, Tom Blunt, and Andrew Harrington) and real-life people (The Elephant Man, Bram Stoker, Henry James), to find out if we really can change our fate. The author drops many details from the era that history buffs and Easter-egg hunters will love. Definitely pay attention to details that are given to us by the author, because it will pay off in the end. He doesn't just describe it for no reason. There is a reason why he is going into great detail about a person and their surroundings. I really wish I could read this book again right this minute, but I have many others to read. Stop by the store and ask me about it or pick the book up, so I can start sharing spoilers with you. I can't wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Map of Time.