Jennifer's Reviews > The Memory Keeper's Daughter

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

Feb 09, 09

Read in January, 2009

I couldn't decide whether to give this book 4 or 5 stars. It definitely touched me in a way that other books haven't. It was heartbreaking and yet encouraging. It showed me how miserable life can be when you keep such large secrets to yourself. It doesn't only hurt you - it hurts everyone in your life.

I saw how one decision, which was so bad for one family, could make such a positive difference in someone else's life.

I also saw how strong people can be, and how they keep on going even when they feel that things are at their worst.

This book was sad at times, and almost painful at others - but I really enjoyed reading it. I might read it again sometime in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

01/15/2009 page 100
24.94% "I'm loving this story so far. I can't wait until tonight so I can read some more. (It's my "before-bed" book!)"
01/20/2009 page 200
49.88% "Still enjoying this book. I wish I had a paperback instead of the hardcover. Holding the heavy book up while I read in bed is annoying!"