Yodamom's Reviews > Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire by Trish McCallan

Sep 14, 2012

bookshelves: action-jackson, crack-a-smile, drama-rama, mystery, new-authors, romance, urban-fantasy, yummy-men
Read from September 12 to 14, 2012

3.5-4 Stars I did not expect to enjoy this at all except for maybe the hot men. I am not a fan of military/cop/weapon type stories. This was grabbed me by the neck and dragged me into a story I couldn't put down. I was looking for the clichés, woman does not listen to warnings gets taken away, man doesn't listen to woman gets shot, or the usually stupid woman makes stupid choice puts all in danger just because she's angry... you know it's how 95% of stories go. I was reading and seeing trouble coming and wait what was that and intelligent choice ??? "NO WAY" These characters did not follow the set rules of most other series they used their brains. Yes, brains and even, are you sitting down ?.....common sense. Not once was I holding back a scream of 'OH, come on idiot !' LOL The macho-++ is there these guys are Navy Seals and they do go over board a bit, but nothing more than you'd expect from real live Seals. There is also a nice little touch of humor to balance some tough scenes.
So- It was action jackson with lusty, sexy scenes and real life drama that entranced me into a world I rarely show interest in. I am reading the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forged in Fire.

Quotes Yodamom Liked

Trish McCallan
“And this is the library,” Mrs. Simcosky said, leading Beth into a generous room with a fire flickering in a river rock fireplace. “Or, as Mason liked to call it, my love den.” She drifted to one of the floor to ceiling book shelves and trailed her fingers down a bevy of colorful spines. “He used to call my books ‘the other men’.”
Trish McCallan, Forged in Fire
tags: humor

Trish McCallan
“For a moment she was convinced she was still dreaming. That she’d fallen asleep while reading one of JR Ward’s Brotherhood of The Black Dagger romances and had inserted herself into a dream based on the book. Any moment now he was going to start growling Mine Mine Mine and let loose with some spicy bonding scent. Or flash a massive set of fangs.”
Trish McCallan, Forged in Fire
tags: humor

09/12/2012
16.0% "Lover her comparison to BDB with these warriors !"

Yodamom Pretend I said 'Love her' not 'Lover' Okay ? LOl I need coffee.

message 2: by Lynsey (new) - added it

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian Oohh sounds good missy. And no TSTL heroines? Glad I downloaded it when it was free then.

Lauren Love your review. I enjoyed this one as well. Looking forward to the next one - I understand that it has a different title now.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Wasn't it awesome! This book redeemed rom-suspense for me. Who knew common sense could feel so blissful. The next book releases in Decemner. I can't wait!

Yodamom I know it was so refreshing I loved the shocked feeling I had when they acted with intelligence. I can't wait either.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Yeah. When (view spoiler)

Yodamom So many (view spoiler) Every time there was trouble i expected the opposite reaction. I like this new version of character.

Rach  *Feisty kitty* Brilliant review Yodamom, I love a hot seal! :)

Luisa Common sense in romance novels? Intelligent choices? The lack of these two things among p
others is the reason I stopped reading straight romance. I hope this applies to the heroine too. I'm tired of stupid women written by women. Thanks for your review. I think I'm sold.