Daniel Lee's Reviews > The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Dec 30, 2008

Recommended for: People who'd like a taste of life's hardships
Read in December, 2008

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is a creative sci-fi. It was a bit short and perhaps better if it was a bit longer, but I enjoyed it a lot.

The part that interested me the most was the part where Dr. Jekyll kept turning into Mr. Hyde without any control. The bad part of him is stronger than the good part of him, I guess. Maybe Jekyll had emotional problems that were too big a burden. Or, maybe being Hyde was like smoking cigerettes; unhealthy but addicting. Eventually it got the best of him.

People shouldn't be like that. There are times when we feel a rush of adreline after a success or you did something good and everyone compliments you. It makes people feel giddy. They try to do things that challenge them more. Try to do hard and difficult tasks. It sometimes ends in disaster or you win. Maybe Dr. Jekyll felt that sort of adreline, but it didn't work out for him at all.

People shouldn't try to hide their emotions. If you feel sad, you can cry. Don't turn it into anger. Don't be afraid, that's what I learned from this book. Show you emotions!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.