Laura Pilcher's Reviews > Abhorsen

Abhorsen by Garth Nix

Sep 15, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-magic, fantasy-paranormal, young-adult
Read from September 12 to 15, 2012

I really enjoyed this installment of the "Old Kingdom" series. It follows on from Lirael (book 2 in the series) seamlessly. To be honest i wonder why they are not a single book.

Prince Sameth and Lirael, the newly appointed Abhorsen in waiting continue in their effort to stop Hedge, the necromancer and Sameths old friend Nick from unleashing an evil that has not been seen since the birth of the charter. This great evil is called the Destroyer one of the original 9 magical beings who opposed the charters creation. 7 of the 9 bound the Destroyer into two metal hemispheres and buried them beneath the ground separated by enchantments and spells.
This is a fast paced book where different elements all ahve to come together at one point to try and stop this uprising. Lirael new to her abhorsen position with the amazing disreputable dog at her side must stop the Destroyer. Can all the pieces of the puzzle come together in time? and can Lirael pay the ultimate sacrifice?

I will definately be keeping this booka side for my daughter to read in a couple of years. I now have a hot chocolate and the 4the installment in the series "The Creature in the Case", which is only a little novella so shouldnt take too long to whizz through :0)

AGE - 10+
Violence - Mild
Sex - A couple Vague References
Bad Language - None
Category - Adventure, Magical
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abhorsen.