Kathrynn's Reviews > No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden

No Easy Day by Mark Owen

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, nonfiction-memoir, own
Read in September, 2012

Enjoyed reading "No Easy Day" from the point of view of someone that had first-hand knowledge. The book started off with telling readers that no classified information was leaked, information provided in the book was public knowledge and sources were provided in the back, and legal counsel was sought to ensure the content(s) did not cross any legal lines. There's a fine line in could and should; disclosures aside, the author may take a legal pounding before this is all said and done.

The first chapter began with landing at UBL's home, then flashbacked. There were a lot of flashbacks, flashforwards and maybe a flash sideways that really bugged me. I would have preferred a more chronological tale, but it was not my choice to make.

Some of the scenes I was unable to fully picture in my mind because it seemed information was missing, i.e., when the author "helped" another jump out of a plane into the Indian Ocean. Did I miss the details of how they did that? I assume held on to each other....yet other details that I really didn't need to know were there--in more than one spot--such as urination containers, walking away to urinate, etc. TMI.

Overall, glad I read this book. Highly recommend "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright as well.

I smirked, too, about the beer with Obama.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Easy Day.