Hannah's Reviews > Sisterhood Everlasting

Sep 11, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in September, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I spent a good deal of this book seriously pissed off at most of the characters. At Tibby, for leaving the other girls. At Bridget, for being so immature and selfish towards Eric. At Carmen, for being a whiny little bitch, especially towards Jones. And at Lena and Kostos, for still carrying this ridiculous childhood flame for each other.

Then, things slowly panned out. Tibby hadn't left them, she'd been taken away. Bridget slowly grew up and came back to Eric. Carmen finally stopped stringing Jones along, and broke up with him. And Lena and Kostos got together. Which I suppose will make them happy, and was always eventual.

The book as a whole was well written; Ann Brashares has always been a good writer, and her characters are well developed and mostly realistic. I started reading these books when I was a little younger than the characters originally, so in a way I feel as though I grew up with the girls, even though in this book they are now much older than me. It was a good feeling to come back to reading about them, and see that they were still the same girls I remembered.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisterhood Everlasting.