mark monday's Reviews > Hazy Shade of Winter

Hazy Shade of Winter by Chris Roberts

131922
Sep 11, 12

bookshelves: unread-forever

sometimes his prose can be quite lovely
"But this time it is different. The awakening from the episode, the restoration of clarity and consciousness are swept outward, away from the tangible familiarities of the sitting room. Her desk and the beloved star-patterned floor rug are given flight, along with the fine drapes that clutch at the broken window, hesitantly, then finally let loose to succumb to winter's wind."
quite charming!

but sometimes his prose can be a bit less than lovely
"Mark - Sounds like you have a thing for boys dressed up like trolls, you need to see someone for that you creepy boy hunter. They'll trick you out in prison and oh yeah, SNAP your garbage neck. Twist on the end of that dildo breath."
and a bit less than charming
from Chris Roberts
to Miracle Jones
subject Re: The Editor as a Goodbye

Nobody takes you seriously - I know, you're a pig twat. Fiction Circus - you got that right. Ah, the lowly zine that is your destiny tampon breath.

Chris Roberts
oh, Chris Roberts.

Chris! listen, please! that Pushcart nomination happened almost a decade ago! "Hazy Shade of Winter" is just a short story! (although no doubt an interesting one.) constant internet trolling does not count as a literary endeavor! get off of Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, FailedWriter, Manscape, and the dozens of other internet sites that addict you... and get back to work! seriously, your public deserves it! both of them!

before i sign off, here's a little gif that can help you with the problems you appear to be having with your Twitter account:

Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hazy Shade of Winter.

09/20/2013 marked as: unread
10/03/2013 marked as: unread-forever

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

yeesh. I remember the advice of a writing teacher write now: just because you want to convey a lack of clarity does not mean you can't be clear in your writing...or have mangled metaphorical language. dildo breath? garbage neck? What's s reader supposed to get from that?

message 2: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday the main thing that is clear to me is that Chris has had negative experiences with dildos, tampons, and perhaps garbage as well. maybe a group of such items teased and bullied him in his youth, and so resentment lingers.

message 3: by Traveller (last edited Sep 12, 2012 12:26PM) (new)

Traveller Hey, i used to love the song which had the same name as this book!

Time, time, time, see what's become of me
While I looked around
For my possibilities
I was so hard to please
But look around, leaves are brown
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter

Hear the salvation army band
Down by the riverside, it's bound to be a better ride
Than what you've got planned
Carry your cup in your hand
And look around, leaves are brown now
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter

Hang on to your hopes, my friend
That's an easy thing to say, but if your hope should pass away
It's simply pretend
That you can build them again
Look around, the grass is high
The fields are ripe, it's the springtime of my life

Ahhh, seasons change with the scenery
Weaving time in a tapestry
Won't you stop and remember me
At any convenient time
Funny how my memory slips while looking over manuscripts
Of unpublished rhyme
Drinking my vodka and lime

Ilook around, leaves are brown now
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter

Look around, leaves are brown
There's a patch of snow on the ground...

(repeat)

message 4: by Scribble (new)

Scribble Orca Scott wrote: "Don't worry, if he breaks your garbage neck I'll rip his goofy pancreas out!"

message 5: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday i appreciate the additional protection!

message 6: by Traveller (new)

Traveller "your public deserves it! both of them!"
LOL.

The guy certainly has a touch of sewer-breath himself, innit?

message 7: by Cassy (new)

Cassy I am not exactly sure what going on here, but I am on your side :)

message 8: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday ah, thanks! i'm just having a bit of revenge-fun with a particularly obnoxious and offensive troll who really should be doing better things with his time than fucking with various Goodreads folks with various threats and insults and aggressive cluelessness (on a thread elsewhere). he clearly has actual writing talent and should be concentrating on that instead! lunatic writers often drive me up the wall with their interactions with readers. although i often appreciate the published products of their lunacy.

message 9: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday Traveller wrote: ""your public deserves it! both of them!"
LOL.

The guy certainly has a touch of sewer-breath himself, innit?"

indeed!

Petra X smokin' hot Traveller wrote: "Hey, i used to love the song which had the same name as this book!

Time, time, time, see what's become of me
While I looked around
For my possibilities
I was so hard to please
But look around, lea..."

Simon and Garfunkel. But the Bangles sang it best.

Creepy character Mark. Call him a bloodclaat. Worst Jamaican insult going. Apposite given what you say in msg 9.

message 11: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday ha! i'll have to use that one for real life too!

message 12: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Ohh, this is the guy that kept threatening to cut Oriana's throat. I had no idea he was a writer.

message 13: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! mark wrote: "indeed!"

The warcry of the trollslayer! :)

message 14: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday oh, indeed!

message 15: by Chris (new)

Chris Roberts All of you are losers...lose on and to Mark, Manscape is all you.

message 16: by Traveller (new)

Traveller Mark, he is a looker. You've lost an opportunity, my friend...

message 17: by Traveller (last edited Mar 02, 2013 01:06PM) (new)

Traveller I was complimenting you and you insult me thus?

Mark, I see what you mean, this guy is a stinker indeed. ..and I take back my compliment. A pretty face cannot compensate for an ugly mind. You are not an attractive personality, sir. A book conceived by such a mind surely cannot be worthwhile.

..and before this turns into a to-and-fro, I shall extricate myself out of this thread by ignoring any further comments in it.

message 18: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Still incomprehensible, this Chris troll.

message 19: by Chris (new)

Chris Roberts Forever yawn...troll on the end of that.

message 20: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! I think he was removed by gr for threatening physical violence? Anyway, mark was hilarious, this guy sucks, and looks like it's on a matter of time before history repeats.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Just as a note, there are two Chris Roberts sock puppets on this thread. The first two comments come from one, and the third from another. If anyone's flagging.

message 22: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday Traveller wrote: "Mark, he is a looker. You've lost an opportunity, my friend..."

actually, bitchy pretty boys from ignoramusland are not exactly my type.

but i will grant that Chris clearly has some talent. he should focus on his writing rather than trolling, making sock puppet accounts, and pretending to actually be able to deliver physical violence with those flimsy child-hands of his that probably don't even know how to form a fist without fluttering nervously. the sweet misguided thing.

get back to the writing, precious! stop this nonsensical procrastinating!

message 23: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Maybe this is what he does when he gets writer's block.

message 24: by Traveller (new)

Traveller Miriam wrote: "Maybe this is what he does when he gets writer's block."

The author version of nerd rage.

message 25: by Scribble (new)

Scribble Orca This dude is off dishing out dirt on chromatic scales - Middle C and has irritated the cochlear nerve of our other Mark (MJ).

I need another like button for your review, mark.

message 27: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday oh, Chris Roberts and his continuing shenanigans. what an unhappy fellow. trainwreck indeed!

that DFW review is the worst.

wonderful MJ should not be wasting time with such base trolls. i feel the stars have higher, more exalted plans in store for him than dealing with the likes of the Chris Roberts of the world.

message 28: by Traveller (new)

Traveller That DFW review is unbelievable. I can't even begin to imagine what drives such a base and poisonous mind. *shudder*