Elaine's Reviews > Revamp

Revamp by Beck Sherman

Oct 03, 12

bookshelves: horror
Read from September 24 to October 01, 2012

I wasn't sure what to make of this book mainly due to the cover which i didn't like, but I found my self surprised.

The premise of the book was different to your usal vampire noval where girl falls in love yada yada yada. It was rather intriguing.
Emma basically wakes up on a plane thinking that she has been forgotten about only to find out that vampires have taken over I'm assuming just major cities of the United States and find's her self living in a storage facility with other humans who are hunting the vampires to regain the cities.

I wasn't too keen on Emma at all I found to be a bit soft and a little on the moany side but by the end I was starting to like that she was growing as a character to be a strong character.
Cooper was a character that kept him self to him self but was an all time good guy.

I wasn't too keen on the back storys to some of the characters mainly Sevens, I personaly didn't think it was needed in the book as it seemed to have no baring on the storyline at all.

The story line was a great idea and I really liked the idea of vampires taking over and humans being used as slaves but the part I found silly was why Mabon took over. It just was too far fetched and he was a naff bad guy.
I did like the fact that there was some gruesomy bits and not a lot of romance going on, it was a fast paced story that kept flowing and did keep you guessing at some parts.
A rather enjoyable read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revamp.

09/25/2012 page 80