J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*'s Reviews > Shark Bait

Apr 18, 13

Read from September 11, 2012 to April 17, 2013

UPDATED!

Re-read 4-15-2013

3 Stars! It pains me to say this but I did not enjoy this one as much the second time as I did the first. Maybe I've read too many books since then?? I don't know.

I had concerns during my initial reading that this would be too YA for me. At the time, I didn't think it was. Perhaps, I have read too many MA books since then because I found this to be VERY YA! The heroine, Cami, is 15 and has been homeschooled her whole life. Needless to say, she is very virginal. She's never even kissed a boy. Her family moves to California after her mom is diagnosed with cancer. She enrolls in the local high school because her mom is not well enough to home school them anymore.

Cami meets Tristan her first day at school. Tristan is 17 and a junior and of course HOT. Cami and her BFF Kate (I can't even remember if this was her name) devise a plan to land Tristan.

Here are a few of the things I didn't care for....first, all of the inner monologue. It became really tiresome and seemed to make the story drag on and on. Secondly, I got tired of the back and forth between Cami and Tristan. Does he like me or does he not? Am I going to forgive him or am I not?? I just wanted them to hurry up and decide.

Things I did like.....I liked Cami's sister Jillian. I also thought some of the dialogue was funny (though there were too many 80s references for my tastes). I loved the wall of conversations in Tristan's room and I thought his parents were great characters. And I did really like Tristan.

At this point, after the second read....I am not sure I will continue on with the series. I know the author has plans for this to be a six book series. I don't know....maybe I will. :)

Original Read: September 2012

4.5 Stars!!!

What can I say....I absolutely fell in love with this book. In all honesty, when I read the synopsis I didn't think it was going to be for me. I really thought the book was going to be a bit TOO young adult for me. Afterall, I am a 32 year old married woman with kids. :) But I must say I was SO wrong. It took me a few chapters to get in to the book and to get used to the author's writing style but then it sucked me right in. Every time I would finish a chapter, I just had to read one more...and before I knew it, it was almsot midnight. I had to know what happened between Tristan and Camie! I loved all of the characters, especially Jillian and Tristan's mom and and dad! The wall of conversations in Tristan's room was hysterical! I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did! Definitely one of my Top 5 YA books....I am very much looking forward to the next book! I definitely recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shark Bait.

04/15/2013 "Buddy Read with my book BFF Jenn and re-read in anticipation of book 2!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha See, that's my issue JA. The 15 yr old age doesn't appeal to me.

J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* Nope! I found it too YA this time around. I've read too many good books since my initial read of this book. It was too PG! :)