Once Upon a Twilight's Reviews > Time Between Us

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Sep 11, 2012

Read in September, 2012

Time Between Us started off slow for me, but along the pages it turned into something more. The story was kind of slow paced until nearly half-way through the book. Then, everything started to develop and the connection between the two main characters began to build in just the sweetest way.

Anna is a 17 year old girl living in 1995 and Bennett, although the same age, is from the year 2012. He has returned to 1995 to find something he lost there, while time traveling. Playing the role of a normal 90’s teenager, Bennett starts high school in Chicago (he is from San Francisco in 2012) and meets Anna. I really liked that the characters weren’t just thrown in there and made to fall in love at first sight. They had to get to know each other and Bennett revealed his abilities slowly to Anna, so as to not freak her out completely. Their whole relationship built up slowly, but once they began to trust each other there is a world of adventure for them. Of all the characters, friends and families written into the story, I loved most the chapters that were centered around Anna and Bennett. Their entire relationship was fresh and innocent and so pure.

The storyline itself was easy to follow. There were a few moments where you may not be sure where it’s leading, but for a time-travel story it was kept pretty simple. And there are a few heart breaking events that really make you think and realize how one tiny choice can completely affect life. Wonderfully written, and I loved that Bennett had his own “rules” when it came to using his ability.

Without giving much more away, I will also add that the ending was exactly what it should’ve been! So many moments throughout, I didn’t see how the story would end. I figured the worst, especially for characters with over a decade of time between them. I will say if you enjoy a time travel story that actually has a happy ending, this book will definitely do it for you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Between Us.