Eve Victor's Reviews > The Lorax

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

F 50x66
Sep 11, 12

The Lorax is by far one of my favorite Dr. Suess books. I probably enjoy it more as an adult because I feel strongly about conserving the environment we all live in. However, I also enjoyed it as a child. Dr Suess knows how to engage a childs mind into a story. Both with the simple rhyming words and the colorful pictures, every page of this story was one that I could never put down when I read it. Telling a story of a young boy who is in search of the man who destroyed the life of real trees this story touches a lot on an underlying lesson of nature. From what I have been told, Dr Suess was inspire dby this story when he was on a trip to a tropical jungle and saw how bad the environment was being treated. He then decided to put this message in his book to help tell children in a colorful and light way that trees and nature all need to be preserved or they can become extinct. This story is so cute and enjoyable and I have always enjoyed reading it. Probably for children in elementary school around second and third grade, I dont see any reason why a child would not enjoy reading this book. Learning about the Lorax, the keeper of the trees, will attract the attention of all readers.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lorax.