Rea Sinfield's Reviews > Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones

Nov 07, 12

I am a big fan of Christmas so other than my favourite authors turning up on Christmas day to play silly games and eat my Christmas dinner surely the next best thing is when one of your favourite authors release a Christmassy book!

I was so delighted when Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones arrived on my doorstep as this is one writer who get s me in the holiday spirit with her writing so surely she can get me in the festive mood too!

Imagine waking up in a snow globe... That's how travel journalist Krista feels when she arrives in magical Quebec to report on Canada's glittering Winter Carnival. Over ten sub-zero days Krista's formerly frozen heart begins to melt as she discovers an enchanting world of ice palaces, husky dog-sledding and maple-syrup treats galore. And then she meets Jacques, a man as handsome and rugged as he is mysterious... The two share a secret that could bond them forever, but can they find a way to break through the protective layers around their hearts to warm up this winter wonderland? ...let the snow-spangled adventure begin.

Wow..... Although we don’t have the festive roast cooking or Santa popping down the chimney this book still brings the perfect backdrop, I am talking the cold chill with our friend snow, cute fluffy dogs pulling sledges..... oh I am in my element!
How does this author manage to wrap you up in the setting so much so that you feel like you have been to the location! Belinda Jones is back in full swing this year, she needs to be on commission because her beautiful and informative writing skill has sparked an interest in me to visit Quebec, now that is saying something for me because I only do Summer holidays!

The author also manages to give you a tour of Quebec and gives you a number of facts and many must see sights but all of this is weaved perfectly into a great storyline. I loved each and every character in this book, there were more than our fair share of tasty men to choose from. Our Heroine Krista took a little time to warm to but as the story progressed her character softened and became an enjoyable character to read and towards the end of the book when you find out her secret she becomes even more loveable. The ending was rather predictable to me but this didn't ruin it for me it was great to watch what you had a feeling was going to happen unfold. I am a hopeless romantic so this book was perfection for me with the gentle romance blossoming in this picturesque scene.

I am sure this book will be a hit this Christmas my one and only negative about this book is that I wasn't invited along to help with the research that Belinda clearly undertook for this book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter Wonderland.