Rachel Marks's Reviews > Flight

Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 03, 14

bookshelves: new-adult-paranormal

The moment that I saw the book cover for Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy, I knew I had to read this book. Within the first page I was completely pulled into the story and I could not put it down until I reached the end.

Because of the title, Flight, I immediately thought that the book was going to be about angels and I was happily surprised to find out that Alyssa Rose Ivy had come up with a new and interesting paranormal creature that is all her own.

In Flight you follow Allie as she heads down to New Orleans for the summer to work at her dad’s hotel after her high school graduation. After breaking up with her boyfriend Allie decides to swear off men for the summer, however, when she meets Levi all of her thoughts begin to change. As their attraction for one another becomes stronger Allie is thrown into a supernatural world that she never knew existed. When the summer comes to an end, Allie is forced to make a choice. She must decide to continue on the path she has always been on or help save a city and a supernatural world that she never knew.

I absolutely loved the world the Alyssa Rose Ivy created. The backdrop of New Orleans allowed for a magical and mysterious element in the storyline. The characters are just as colorful as the city of New Orleans and are fully fleshed out and most importantly believable. The relationship between Allie and Levi is heartwarming and intense. Their banter back an forth left me laughing out loud and I kept reading to find out where there relationship would go.

In Flight there wasn’t a dull moment and I was kept entertained throughout the whole story. The ending was such a huge cliff hanger that I am now eagerly anticipating the next installment in the series!

Alyssa Rose Ivy has quickly become one of my new favorite authors. I give Flight a 5 star review and I highly recommend it!

* Please note I was given an e-book copy of Flight for review. The opinions expressed are 100% honest and my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flight.