A Tasty Read Book Reviews's Reviews > Better Than Chocolate

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: arc, gifted-by-publisher
Read from September 23 to 26, 2012

Reviewed on http://atastyread.blogspot.com

Firstly, I will point out that this very enjoyable read is more of a Women's Contemporary than a Romance, so anyone who enjoyed Susan Mallery's Barefoot Season or Already Home, will truly fall for the wonderful ladies of Icicle Falls.

I don't know what it is about redheads, but they sure know how to take charge when the going gets tough, and that is exactly what Samantha Sterling did when the chocolate business that had been in the family for years and years was threatened. With the help of her mother, Muriel, and her two sisters, Bailey and Cecily, they were going to come up with a plan to keep the business open...even if some of the plans were a little "out there".

These ladies had me cracking up at points and tearing up at others. A lot of emotions come to head between these ladies and if you come from a family of all girls like I do, those emotions can sometimes tip the scales.

The bit of romance we do get is between Samantha and the former football god of Icicle Falls, Blake Preston, the now Bank Manager...you can already see where this is going. Let's just say it was NOT love at first site, but Blake was a better man than given credit for and I for one think that Samantha could use more than just a kiss...if you know what I mean!!

Better Than Chocolate is sweet, funny, and will have you wishing that you had a creamy chocolate truffle in front of you after finishing this book.

I hope you all will give this one a chance, or at least come back tomorrow when Sheila will be here for a great interview and will be giving away a Copy of Better Than Chocolate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better Than Chocolate.