Luke's Reviews > One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market

One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch

M 50x66
Apr 06, 09

bookshelves: financial
Read in February, 2009

This is a good book for someone who is one the fence about how to invest. Lynch encourages individuals to take control of their financial situation rather than just leaving it in the hands of others. His message is simple and full of common sense, invest in what you know. Everyone is an expert in some area, whether it is their job, a hobby or a lifelong interest, and because of that they have an advantage over almost everyone else when it comes to investing in that area. Lynch focuses on finding the "ten-baggers", the unknown or unpopular stocks that have the greatest potential to net you a big return. This book will remain on my bookshelf with easy access as it has some valuable chapters I can see myself revisiting. At a time when it seems like investment professionals and financial experts are on every street corner, it's nice to read a book by some who's been there done that, and done it consistently, long term and with great success.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Up On Wall Street.