Lisa's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: 2012, kindle-baby, gods-and-monsters, heroines-i-heart, paranormal, vamps-witches-wolves-oh-my
Read from September 11 to 13, 2012, read count: 1

And so here we are, at the last book of what has been a great little series - consistently well written with interesting plots and sub-plots that all seem to have been leading us to this point, peopled by heroines that don't make me want to scratch their eyes out and mostly devoid of filler (which is more than I can say for some series, especially after reading about Sookie mostly running errands and taking naps for her past few books). Well done, Armstrong!

Picking up where Spellbound left off, Savannah is now joined by the rest of the women we've met along the way as they band together to face off the biggest threat the supernatural world has seen yet, with various forces trying to bring them all out of the closet while threatening to unleash a virus that will turn people into vamp/wolf/zombie hybrids. If it doesn't just kill 'em, that is.

I could barely put the book down at times, as action packed and exciting as it was, and raced through it even though I knew I'd be gutted when it was all over (but relieved to see there are more Armstrong books out there for me to delight in).

With only a few missteps along the way (Armstrong is a little too reluctant to truly harm her main characters, meaning you know that no matter what you can predict they'll not only be left standing, but get their happy-ever-after too) this has been one of the best paranormal series I've read.

Goodbye Otherworld, I'll miss you...
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.