Relyn's Reviews > Ender's Shadow

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: 2011-reread, audiobooks, 2012-reread
Recommended to Relyn by: Jeffrey Lawson
Read in December, 2008, read count: 3

Orson Scott Card attempted (and achieved) the near impossible. Twelve years later he went back and wrote Ender's Game from the point of view of another character. Several times in the book, the same exact event and dialog take place, but from an entirely different perspective. Powerful! Interesting.

I already mentioned that I woke up thinking of Bean and Ender. These two books are incredible.

4/22/11
I am excited to be listening to this book again. It's marvelous. Yup. It's official, I prefer Ender's Shadow to Ender's Game. But, I love them both.

1/23/12
Another read - still as good as ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender's Shadow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dandy (new)

Dandy My niece recently gave me this! I'm a huge fan of Ender's Game, I can't wait to read this!

Relyn Have you started it yet? I love it. I've decided to go ahead and read the rest of the series. I'm waiting for Shadow of the Hedgemeon on audiobook just now.

message 3: by Dandy (new)

Dandy I haven't! I have to make it thru my library books first but the fact that you are reading the rest of the series is a very good sign!

Relyn Are you going to do the audiobook version? Orson Scott Card says that it is the absolute best way to experience his books.

message 5: by Dandy (new)

Dandy Really?! How interesting to hear an author suggest that. I've only heard a handful of audiobooks before. I will definitely check it out then.

Relyn Orson Scott Card was first a playwright. He says that he writes to be heard aloud. I think you'll love it. Actually, I think you'll fall in love with audiobooks in general.

message 7: by Dandy (new)

Dandy Wow, now I feel like I need to go read up on him!

Relyn He's actually a fascinating guy. Check this out: http://orsonscottcard.com/