Toni Sinns's Reviews > Last of the Seals

Last of the Seals by Greg Messel

Sep 11, 2012

Read in August, 2012

Baseball? Check. Murder? Check. Mystery? Check. Romance? Check.

That is right this book has all the above and more. From page one you go back in time and follow the life of Sam. His greatness at baseball is closing as the world turns and people move and life happens. Sam turns in his glove for a maganifying glass so to speak as he goes from the Seals pitcher to the solo person in a duo private investigation firm.

Amelia later joins to make the dynamic duo leap into clues and mystery to find out who and why two people are dead.

Greg is a masterful author weaving multiple substories into one great masterpiece. You have history and baseball facts from the Seals. Which I enjoyed because I like baseball and I like history. Win win for me!!! The characters are so realistic and the love at first sight doesn't have them in bed the next day. Which is great because I love when an author lets a couple bloom.

This is an easy read that would make anyone proud to have on their shelf. This is the first of a mystery series for Greg but it won't be the last I read as I found the book captivating and entertaining. And I can't wait to pick up the next of Greg's books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last of the Seals.