Lizzy's Reviews > Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why It's So Hard to Think Straight About Animals

Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat by Hal Herzog

F_50x66
Sure, this book isn't perfect. It has some strange arguments (esp. in the parts about cockfighting). However, it raises interesting questions to many animal-related questions and provides some insightful answers. Herzog wrote this well, and combines humor, intelligent discussion, and relevant self-reflection. I learned many new things from this book, enjoyed reading it, and felt like the book gave me things to think. I liked that Herzog wasn't some vegan who calls pets "animal friends" or tries to make everyone feel guilty about everything. He admitted to his own animal-related hypocrisies etc and that made the book less preachy and more relatable. Anyways, all I can ask from a book like this is to make me think, teach me something, and interest me throughout its length, and I think this book satisfied these criteria admirably.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat.