Cwn_annwn_13's Reviews > Reich of the Black Sun: Nazi Secret Weapons and the Cold War Allied Legend

Reich of the Black Sun by Joseph P. Farrell

Dec 29, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: on-my-shelf-home-library

This book took me forever to get through, partially because I had to concentrate on reading books that needed to be returned to the library and partially due to Farrells dry writing style. A good portion of this book is Farrells claim that the Nazis had nukes. He shows a lot of interesting coincidences and circumstantial evidence but doesn't make a 100% convincing case either. There's also stuff on Nazi secret weapons programs, Nazi "UFOs", and even a little bit on the theories that are out there on secret Nazi bases under Antarctica and the North Pole. Overall this is interesting subject matter which is put together in a very dry way but if your into alternative viewpoints on history/WW2/Nazis then this may interest you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reich of the Black Sun.

Matthew W How good is this so far? I have this book and Farrell's recent book "Nazi International." Although these books look like exciting reads, I wish they didn't have so many dubious sources.

I believe Feral House just released another one of Joseph P. Farrell's book which is unrelated to Nazism.

message 2: by Cwn_annwn_13 (last edited Apr 20, 2009 05:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cwn_annwn_13 I can't really say much because I've only read the intro and a few pages of the first chapter but I've heard Farrell on several different radio shows, like Coast to Coast, Rense, Red Ice, etc and he comes off like a credible academic researcher that just happens to research and delve into hidden/alternative history/revisionism. I'm just hoping he doesn't morph stuff like Operation Paperclip into claiming stupid shit like the Nazis are secretely running the world and pulling the strings because he tends to at least hint at that in some of his interviews.