Heather's Reviews > The Crown Conspiracy

F 50x66
Jan 03, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites
Read in January, 2009

Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I must admit that when I obtained it I was slightly skeptical. But, I was given a great deal - and even got a signed copy! :-) So, I set about reading it. And I could NOT put it down! I read this book in a few days - and probably would have read it faster if I wasn't sick this past week. That said, I'm going to be somewhat vague in my review, as I hate spoilers and prefer to avoid writing anything that might ruin the book for others! ;-)

Anyway, this book was so much better than I'd expected. I loved Hadrian and Royce - despite the fact that they were master thieves! Most of the characters were well-developed and quite interesting. The plot moved quickly and had very interested twists and turns. The descriptions were detailed and really helped me "see" everything as I read.

One thing - the description of the sword fights lost me. I know nothing about fencing or whatever, and some of the terminology was over my head. But, the plot was awesome and I couldn't put the book down.

I do wonder if Mr. Sullivan is planning to make this into a series. There were things that happened that made me wonder if more was coming that would expand on some of the events in this book. I certainly hope so! If there is another book (or more) to follow this one, I won't waste any time obtaining it. I might even pre-order it! Either way, I will be looking for more books from Michael J. Sullivan!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown Conspiracy.

12/29/2008 page 13
show 6 hidden updates…

message 1: by Robin (last edited Jan 04, 2009 10:13AM) (new) - added it

Robin Glad you liked the book!

Yes this part of a series - there are six books (All are stand alone episodes) of the same story arc. Book 2 - Avempartha - will be out April 2009 and can be pre-ordered now from Amazon .
Wife of fantasy author: Michael J. Sullivan
The Crown Conspiracy (Oct 2008) | Avempartha (April 2009)
Reviews: Fantasy Book Critic | Odysssey | Amazon | MidWest Book Review | Huntress Reviews

Heather I look forward to the other five books! :-)

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Heather,
Nice review. Your enthusiasm is catching and I'm going to check it out.

Heather Mike wrote: "Heather,
Nice review. Your enthusiasm is catching and I'm going to check it out.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it. The entire series is fabulous!