Rebecca's Reviews > The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club

The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club by Mink Elliott

Sep 13, 12

Read from September 11 to 13, 2012

Three words to describe this book? Laid-back, down to earth, and funny .

I absolutely LOVED this book by Mink Elliott! It was really comical and just had a very "real" feel about it.

So the book starts off with the character Roxy, who has just recently up & left her city home to move to an apparently "peaceful" and "tranquil" village in the countryside known as, Riverside. With Roxy's partner Jack always working away, it's just Roxy and Joey left to discover the inhabitants of Riverside on their own. Used to having her friends and family around, Roxy begins to find her new life in the sticks increasingly difficult to cope with! To her, the neighbouring villagers seem stuck-up and snooty, and she can't shake away the feeling that a lot of the "yummy mummys" are looking down their noses at her and baby Joey/i>.

As Roxy begins to realise she's going to have to figure this one out for herself, the thought of creating a club within the village for pi**ed off parents crosses her mind. She creates a small notice, sticks it in the window of the local shop and hopes for the best.

On the Saturday of the pi**ed off parents club meeting, Roxy is pleasantly surprised to see that she's not the only one sitting around that table, ready to let some of her tension go, with her cigarettes and drink in hand.

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed this book! It was really good, so comical and for once, a book that wasn't too serious! I thought it was fabulous!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club.

09/11/2012 page 44
09/11/2012 page 118
31.0% "I'm really enjoying this book so far, written very well and wonderfully down to earth :)" 1 comment
09/13/2012 page 266
70.0% "Absolutely love this book! 'Rox' makes me giggle! ;)"