Malika Bourne's Reviews > The Skin of Water

The Skin of Water by G.S.  Johnston

Sep 11, 2012

Read in April, 2012

This is what I wrote on amazon. I hope I can cheat. There are also more detailed rave reviews.

This review is from: The Skin of Water (Kindle Edition)
I was captivated from the beginning as I viewed the scenery through the young film maker's lens. I love historical romance, but I confess that The skin of Water far exceeded my expectations. I was pulled into a part of WWII in Hungary, a country I knew little about.
Mr Johnston so gentlemanly touched the parts of my womanly senses so much the I "O_O_O_o and a-a-a-, sigh" with passion along with the two secret lovers. the only problem with the well written content was that I read it while riding 1,000 miles on a Grey Hound bus. When I made my nearly "orgasmic" sounds along with the characters, OOPS! other passengers turned back to see what I was doing. All I could do was confess, " Good book. Really good Book!"
I hear that men are loving this book , too, maybe its is all the unexpected that appears in a world war, or maybe the romance. Ah, read The skin of Water. So-o-o-o good.

Merged review:

I was captivated from the moment I looked behind the lens of the young film maker, the main character. He was awkward, yet passionate about filming.
The Skin of Water took me by surprise that a gentleman could write with such passion which touched a my womanly longings in a gentle way.
Through reading The Skin of Water I was able to grasp the desperateness of survival during the later part of WWII with two secret lovers and a few more that I won't tell on.
So many secrets were artistically woven with in the passionate romance among war equipment all around.
I recommend reading The Skin of Water in a relaxing or peaceful spot instead of while riding the Grey Hound as I did. On my 1,000 mile trip as I read i found other passengers looking back at me. during particle pages, that caught my fancy, I expressed in little moans, if you know what I mean. I confess, all I could do was hold up my Kindle and say, " Good book. Really good book!" then pick up where I left off.
I can truly say that the Skin of Water may now have become my favorite book over my long time favorite, Gone With the Wind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Skin of Water.